New Zealand Nurses: Almost 65 Percent Of Nurses Voted To Accept Latest DHB Pay Deal

New Zealand Nurses: Almost 65 Percent Of Nurses Voted To Accept Latest DHB Pay Deal

The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) has bowed to online pressure to release the results of the fifth and final vote in favour of the latest DHB

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern: Effects Of Jerusalem Decision Wide-reaching
Jacinda Ardern To Meet Anne Hathaway In Jam-Packed Week At UN
Pay Inequality: Pasifika Women May As Well Work Free For The Rest Of The Year

The New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) has bowed to online pressure to release the results of the fifth and final vote in favour of the latest DHB pay deal.

The results show 64.1 per cent of those eligible to have their say during the almost two-week voting window accepted the offer, with the remaining 35.9 per cent opting to reject it.

On Tuesday, it was announced that the ratification of the final offer had been accepted by a “significant” majority of members covered by the NZNO/DHB Nursing and Midwifery MECA.

Help Us Grow, Donate Now

New Zealand Nurses Organisation

NZNO chief executive Memo Musa said the release of the vote was due to the high-profile nature of the negotiation process.

A large amount of social media comment since has suggested the organisation had misrepresented the facts of the vote result, he said.

‘”As said last time, the vote result was very close and this time there was a significant majority accepting the offer,” Musa said.

“We are now focused on implementation. The organisation is strong and growing and I am proud of the hard work of my colleagues, the delegates and members that have undertaken to achieve a MECA, which lays down the foundations for a safer and rewarding career in nursing.”

New Zealand Nurses Organisation

The previous offer resulted in a vote of 49.4 per cent in favour and 50.6 per opposed.

Source: stuff.co.nz

Share Stories Around The World With Us
error: